5 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2012 11:35 AM by a brody
Kendown Level 1 (0 points)

How can I force quit it without having to reboot the whole computer? It's a full screen program, and I can't minimize it once it freezes. I have tried the typical Cmd + Option + Shift + Esc for 3 to 5 seconds, but nothing happens.

• a brody Level 9 (65,410 points)

No shift is necessary, and that might be stopping you.

If it doesn't work without shift, your program may not be compatible with your computer or operating system.  

To make sure a program is compatible with Lion, check this link:

To make sure the program is compatible with your Mac, check the manufacturer's website for both GPU and CPU requirements.    GPU is in Apple menu -> About this Mac -> More info -> System Report -> Graphics/Displays

• Kendown Level 1 (0 points)

Here's what they list as preferred systems specs:

Mac® OS X 10.7.X (latest version):

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor - NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

4 GB system RAM

Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel

I think I have all better stuff than they even prefer.  World of Warcraft is indeed on their list of programs that work with Lion. (p.s. what's mountain lion?)

Thanks for the tip on force quitting, but I am pretty sure I did try it without the 'shift' too, and no results.

Mountain Lion is Mac OS X 10.8, due out this summer. Any reference to it is based on people who have violated their non-disclosure agreement.  No one will know until its release what it will really be compatible with.

If the GeForce 9600 GT or Radeon HD 4670 is not mentioned in your System Profiler report, you may not be compatible. "Better" is subjective to the programmer's opinion of what is better, and often has nothing to do with the actual GPU.   Is your RAM Apple installed?

• Kendown Level 1 (0 points)

I only asked about Mt Lion because it's already on Apple's compatability listing. There's even some green dots for some apps that they must have already tested. 

My Mac has an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB vid card, that's why I said that my stuff was even better than they required.

At this point I don't think it's a compat issue, I think it's probably either a disk issue, or a memory (ram) issue.

One thing I do wish they had is a program that would go through the entire install of the OS and see if everything is as it should be. As I look through utilities, I see plenty that scan disks, remove junk, repair permissions, but none that make sure your OS is exactly as Apple wants it to be.

That's not Apple's compatibility listing.  It is a third party that runs Roaring Apps.