Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install FCPX on a second computer?

Hi, I was told that I can now install FCPX on a second computer. Is this correct? If so, how do I do it? The only options I see are to download the free trial, or "buy" - which takes me to the iTunes store and pay $299 again. How do I do it?

Posted on May 27, 2012 6:49 PM

6 replies

May 28, 2012 8:01 AM in response to pianoorlando

Morning! here are the steps:

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. Click the Purchases button in the Mac App Store toolbar.
  3. Sign in to the Mac App Store using the Apple ID you first used to purchase Final Cut Pro X.
  4. Look for Final Cut Pro X in the list of purchased applications in the App Store. If you don't see FInal Cut Pro X in the list, make sure that it's not hidden. See Mac App Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases for more information.
  5. Click Install to download and install Final Cut Pro X.

Thae Mac App Store license allows you to install it on any number of devices you own and control, assuming this is an individual purchase.

-ShinerMac

May 28, 2012 8:11 AM in response to PlumProdNYC

Yes....

MAC APP STORE PRODUCT USAGE RULES

Except as otherwise set forth herein,

( i ) If you are an individual acting in your personal capacity, you may download and use an application from the Mac App Store (“Mac App Store Product”) for personal, non-commercial use on any Apple-branded products running Mac OS X (“Mac Computer”) that you own or control.

Source:
http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SALE

-ShinerMac

How do I install FCPX on a second computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.