Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a sony hdd camcorder, how can i get the videos from it to my macpro?

I have a sony hdd camcorder, how can I get the viedos from the camcorder to the macpro?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 27, 2012 8:51 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2012 6:18 AM in response to gwillikers52

If you have iMovie it can import video from most camcorders, but not all. It comes with every Mac Pro. If you need to restore it from the original installer discs, these are the directions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2604

Typically iMovie can import if you connect via IEEE 1394 or USB. IEEE 1394 comes in three flavors:

4 pin (typical for many camcorders), 6 pin (known as bus powered Firewire 400), 9 pin (known as Firewire 800 or 1394b). Cables exist to connect each type of Firewire to each other. Locate your Camcorder directions on Sony's website to determine what pinout exists if you don't have the manual.

Double check on Sony's website there isn't a firmware update for compatibility with your operating system.

Push comes to shove, you may have to install Windows on your Mac to connect the Camcorder.

I have a sony hdd camcorder, how can i get the videos from it to my macpro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.