Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Advertising on ibooks ok for Apple?

My Graphic Design Studio has a Sponsor that is willing to advertise on a book which content is basically a photographic book with information about it (races duting the whole championship, price giving ceremony and position chart) about 450 pictures, and aproximately 160 pages. it's an important sport event (1200 sportmen) with international interest.

My main concern is that we are not sure if Apple has rejected any content because of advertising introduced in it (can be a simple one pic gallery with the add) or a background for example.

Anybody has gone throught something like this lately? I am afraid of running the risk of working on a project that finally iTunes rejects it because of Ads.

Thank you

Julian

iBook, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on May 27, 2012 8:16 PM

4 replies

May 28, 2012 8:03 AM in response to julicalder

There is a catalog category, and done correctly, a 'vanity' book may pass, but if you spam ads (especially for competing app/book stores), you run risk I think 🙂 - as always, no one here can speak for the review teams and without seeing your ads, it's hard to do more than speculate, sorry.

I think tho if you have an event-specific release, you should plan well ahead and get it in the store first - don't assume it will make it first time, or at all and know it can take several weeks for a review right now.

Ken

May 28, 2012 10:04 AM in response to K T

Tks for Reply.

Can't really find Catalog Category if you can give me a hand with that...but:

As far as i understand, I think I'll need to make 2011 version, publish it, and 'if accepted' remove it fast. That is probably the only way in which i can go across the experience of a real example dealing with iTunes and it's rules.

This event would not be on the border line of the TOA but i still believe there are some gray areas in which 'you never know'. As you can udnerstad, running the risk of making it and dealing with advertisers and then having to roll back the whole project (and return money) would be a terrorific experience which i am not planining to go through.

It is still a photographic book with a strong editorial design, very extensive (+- 160 screens), of a very important event in South America of a high class sport and it must be Free but supported by sponsors.

Once again, thanks

Julian

is Advertising on ibooks ok for Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.