Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having difficulties with my Magic Cordless Mouse

I got home from a long trip last night and updated my software on my new i7 iMac. Then, I needed to change the batteries on my cordless mouse. Ever since, the mouse is recognized (I can move the cursor around the screen), but when I left click, nothing happens. I CAN right click, however, and can control SOME things that way. Any ideas what is going on?

Please help!

Marsue

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3), 3.4 GHz Intel Core Duo i7

Posted on May 28, 2012 5:22 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2012 10:41 AM in response to rkaufmann87

OK. I pulled out the trackpad (which I have not been using) and it is working. Used it for a while, then checked you previous msg. Restarted the computer (turning the trackpad off and the mouse back on) and it is now working fine. I'll keep this message and try it again if it happens again. If I use your instructions if it recurs, I will give you a green check mark. Thanks so much for responding!

Marsue

Jun 29, 2012 7:27 PM in response to Marsue

Thanks, it really work. I just hv same problem on my iMAC this morning in sudden. The left click of magic mouse doesn't work in sudden. And all menu need to use right click, but only work in menu bar, but not in action dialog box....

I completely turn off the TRACK PAD, then everythings resumed to normal.

Luckily I have another MACBOOK Air for internet access, and find this post.... 🙂

Having difficulties with my Magic Cordless Mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.