Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

Why do I get "PowerPC applications are no longer supported" now that I'm using Lion in stead of Snow leopard on my intel mac?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 28, 2012 4:20 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2012 7:11 PM in response to thorny

Rather than nasty recriminations, how about some solutions:

1. Yes, you could wipe your drive and reinstall Snow Leopard; but no Lion, no iCloud...

2. You could partition your HD with Snow Leopard on one paritition and keep Lion on the other (or install Snow Leopard into an external HD), but these Dual-Boot solutions have the same disadvantages as Boot Camp did for Windows.

3. You could install Snow Leopard (and Rosetta) into Parallels 7 in Lion and have concurrent capabilities:

User uploaded file

Full installation instructions are here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1365439

Jul 11, 2016 2:10 AM in response to thorny

I know this is a super old post, but Spotify randomly gave me this problem today, in 2016. I've tried reinstalling the app over and over, but nothing works.

I haven't updated the OS since El Capitan came out however long ago and everything has worked fine.

I don't know if this is just another Apple beef with Spotify or if there is some fix you guys found way back in 2012 that I could use now?

"PowerPC applications are no longer supported"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.