Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod video 5th G - Can only load about 15 songs before it crashes and won't allow me to add any more - Is my hard drive broken?

I have an iPod Video, 5th Generation - a few years old aye, but it does the job. Recently it crashed and wouldn't respond at all, I tried the 5 R's and the iPod wouldn't restore at all. Finally I managed to restore it, but then encountered a new problem.

When I try to put new music onto the iPod the maximum I can really add is about 15/16 songs (currently sitting about 112 MB). I can use the iPod just fine with this on it, but I can't add any songs or anything past this limit. I can take songs off and add new ones on, but again cannot pas this limit.

It is a 30GB hard drive, so I should be able to load near enough 30GB onto it.

Whenever I try to pass the limit and add new songs a message saying "Attempting to copy to the disk "RUSSELL'S I" failed. An unknown error occurred (-69).", and then a second message pops up reading "iTunes could not copy "Song" to the iPod because an unknown error occurred (-69)."

Looking to find out, does this mean my Hard Drive is broken/damaged, or could it possibly be a different issue, as buying a new hard drive is reasonably cheap, but if it turns out to be the motherboard or something else then I don't want to have wasted the money buying a new HDD only to find out the problem hasn't been fixed.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or anybody found a way to fix it?

Cheers

Russell

5th Generation iPod Video (30GB)-OTHER

Posted on May 28, 2012 10:19 AM

1 reply

iPod video 5th G - Can only load about 15 songs before it crashes and won't allow me to add any more - Is my hard drive broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.