Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Keeps Crashing

So at first I just installed FCPX and I was in the middle of edditing when I got the whirley beachball of death and it froze so I forced quit then I tried to reopen and it the WBBOD came up again and it quit unexpectadly it happens everytime I open FCP about 10-50 seconds into it. I re installed it and still had the same problems! Please help!

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on May 28, 2012 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2012 11:49 AM

Use this app to trash the preferences.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

It should be the first thing you try when any problems occur.

8 replies

Feb 27, 2014 1:33 AM in response to DarraghQ

I had a big problem with my Mac Pro 2009

Final Cut Pro X 10.09 was crashing after crashing and I had to finish several video projects.

So I was very stressfull about this matter.

My solution was make the upgrade to 10.1 and it's working fine so far.

After tried many many things to fix and nothing worked. Only the upgrade fixed this severe problem.

I was very afraid it was not working the newest FCPX with my old computer because I already tried before and there were many issues and I had to make an down grade and it was fine, until now. For some reazon it started failing a lot (just FCPX)

But I guess Apple fix them.

SO far so good.

Final Cut Pro X Keeps Crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.