Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i phone 4s

does it matter if i buy my iphone 4s form a different country than the USA ?

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:40 PM

10 replies

May 29, 2012 6:30 AM in response to sancer

Also note that if you buy the phone in another country other then where you live and should you need any warranty service then you will need to ship the phone to someone you know in the country of purchase to be taken in. This will be at your expense. The iPhone warranty is not international and Apple will not directly accept nor ship out of the country of purchase.

May 29, 2012 7:19 AM in response to sancer

sancer wrote:

i am acctually buying it from dubai ,,but i am currently living in ukraine

Then you need to be even more careful. MANY users have posted here about buy an iphone from grey markets in Dubai. These phones were imported and hacked. The 1st time you run an update you could be looking at a brick. Unless you buy from one of the carriers, Etisalat or DU, you could end up loosing all that you paid.

Also note that facetime has been banned by their government on phones sold in the Middle East. Even if you are using the phone in the Ukraine facetime will not work on the phone even if bought at one of the carriers above.

i phone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.