Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and Game Center won't verify an email address after restoring a iPod touch.

Hello everyone,

My son's iPod crashed which I managed to recover with the last backup from December (did not get everything back) but now I cannot verify his email which was tied to his game center, facetime, imessage and I don't know what else. It's telling me that it's assigned to another account. So now all his facetimes come to the iMac on my account. Please help!

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 28, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 2:24 PM

Try here:

'iOS: FaceTime is 'Unable to verify email because it is in use'

2 replies

Jul 10, 2012 2:24 PM in response to lllaass

Hi lllaass,

Ok this helped me solve my problem.....Thank you! He had created an ID at one point which I was not aware of and his email was linked to that one. I changed it all now and re-linked it to my ID and we're all good now. Also found his Game Center nickname and sign on and was able to get that going as well.

Thanks again!

FaceTime and Game Center won't verify an email address after restoring a iPod touch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.