Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nearby lightning strike knocked out my Ethernet port? I have a known good CAT5 cable that does not work on the iMac. My Wi-Fi connection is still intact however.

I have a known good CAT5 cable that does not work on the iMac. My Wi-Fi connection is still intact however.

I have isolated that it is not any of my LAN or WLAN gear. I've tried multiple router ports and different cables, yet it appears my Ethernet port is fried. Can this be repaired?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 28, 2012 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2012 7:44 PM

Contact Apple Service, iMac Service or Apple's Express Lane. Do note that if you have AppleCare's protection plan and you're within 50 miles (80 KM) of an Apple repair station, you're eligible for onsite repair since yours is a desktop machine.

1 reply

Nearby lightning strike knocked out my Ethernet port? I have a known good CAT5 cable that does not work on the iMac. My Wi-Fi connection is still intact however.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.