Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy the new ipad with cellular connectivity online but not with AT&T or Verizon

If I buy an Ipad 3 online with the intention to use it with a carrier from my country, could I be able to buy it as if I were to use it with AT&T or Verizon and once here, change the sim, is it going to be locked and do I have to go to an Apple Store in person to buy the Ipad?

I would really like to know as soon as possible, and thank you in advance for your assistance.

iPad, Ipad 3 (new ipad with 4G LTE)

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2012 8:17 PM

The new iPad is not locked (in fact, most iPads sold are not locked). However, the new iPad will not work on 4G in all countries. You may be limited to 3G.

4 replies

I want to buy the new ipad with cellular connectivity online but not with AT&T or Verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.