Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync with genius?

I have an iphone 4 and i just bought a song off itunes on my laptop then i hit the sync button, sync didnt work so i downloaded the song via icloud onto my phone.

how do i update genius for this song? i can click the genius song on my laptop and it matches all the songs but when i do it on my iphone it says "no matches"

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 28, 2012 9:11 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2012 9:25 PM in response to stickdiggler

Copied from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2978:

Sometimes if you sync a portion of your iTunes library to iPod or iPhone, you may be unable to create a Genius playlist with certain songs while using your device. You may see one of the following messages:

• "This song does not have enough related songs to create a Genius Playlist."
  • "Genius is unavailable for the selected song."

If this happens, try making a Genius playlist with those songs on your computer. If you can make a Genius playlist in iTunes on your computer, then it is likely that there are not enough songs on your iPod or iPhone that go great with the desired songs. Try syncing more of your iTunes library with your device. If you are still unable to make Genius playlists from those songs, consider making Genius playlists in iTunes first, then syncing them to your iPod or iPhone.

sync with genius?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.