Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore my projects in Aperture?

There was a defect in Lion. The Apple store reloaded the OS, and I am now having trouble getting my projects restored. Please help...

Aperture 2

Posted on May 28, 2012 9:12 PM

8 replies

May 28, 2012 10:57 PM in response to co_photog

I am sorry to hear that.

But we will need more information to be able to help. So it is very hard to guess what might be wrong.

• What is your current MacOS version?
  • And how are you trying to "restore" your projects? Where are the project files now and what kind of backup do you have?
  • Do you get any error messages when you try to open a restored Aperture Library?

• Regards

Léonie

May 29, 2012 7:43 AM in response to co_photog

Leonie: I just upgraded to Lion.

Frank: I have not upgraded to version 3 yet.

The problems started when I upgraded to Lion and the migration to the cloud. This grade has been as bad as my old upgrades when I was using a PC and the terrible microsoft upgrades.

My backups are on a Western Digital hard drive. I have the images, but the project info is no where to be found.

May 29, 2012 7:51 AM in response to léonie

Leonie: I just upgraded to Lion.

The problems started when I upgraded to Lion and the migration to the cloud. This grade has been as bad as my old upgrades when I was using a PC and the terrible microsoft upgrades.

My backups are on a Western Digital hard drive. I have the images, but the project info is no where to be found. I can import all the photos, but they just import in folders by month, year, etc, with no organization to them at all. Before my system crashed, I had EVERYTHING in projects.

May 29, 2012 7:56 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Frank, sorry if I'm duplicating the entries. I've never had any success with the online communities, as no one has ever replied to my questions.

I have not upgraded to version 3 yet.

The problems started when I upgraded to Lion and the migration to the cloud. This upgrade has been as bad as my old upgrades when I was using a PC and the terrible microsoft upgrades.

My backups are on a Western Digital hard drive. I have the images, but the project info is no where to be found.

before my system crashed, every image was in a project.

My questions:

1. I have all the original images backeded up on a western digital drive. Is there any easy way to get them all imported in one move? Currently, they're in folders segmented my year, month, day.

2. I have the most recent aperture library file. Is that where the project data resides?

* Hopefully, I can move the old aperture library back into my pictures folder, import the images and all of my projects are restored??

May 29, 2012 7:57 AM in response to co_photog

If you have the images, but not the project information, probably you have found your master image files, but not your Aperture Library? Do you have a referenced library?

What software did you use to make the backups? A Time Machine Backup? A clone? An Aperture Vault?

There was a defect in Lion. The Apple store reloaded the OS,

Can you please elaborate on this? Do you still have your old home folder and your files on the system drive, or did the Apple Store reinstall the Lion OS, but you still have to restore your documents and data in your Home Folder? We need to know that, to help you find your Aperture Library.

Regards

May 29, 2012 8:10 AM in response to léonie

I have the most recent aperture library file. Is that where the project data resides?

Yes, it is.

And if your Aperture Library is a managed Library, all images stored inside the Aperture library package, then you do not need to reimport the images. They should be visible, when you open the Aperture library with Aperture by double clicking it.

Butif your Aperture library is referenced, the master image files stored outside the library, then it might be necessary to reconnect the master image files to their versions. That will depend on where the master image files reside and if the have been moved by your restoring your disk. You will see, if a reconnection is necessary, when you open your Library in Aperture.

How do I restore my projects in Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.