Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to use the Korg Kaossilator Pro with Garageband 6.0.5?

I'm getting pretty decent at working around with the newest version of Garageband. I've gotten my Akai MPK Mini (usb/midi keyboard) to work by adjusting a few preferences here and there, but for the last week I have been trying and trying to get my Korg Kaossilator Pro to hook up MIDI with Garageband. I understand if the program/software isn't as advanced as Logic or Ableton (be getting those soon!) If anybody could help me it would be MUCH appreciated 🙂

P.S. if anybody is having troubles with exporting the AIFF/WAV/MP3 audio files I could give you a bit of help. I have figured out how to correctly export the audio loops and sounds that I have made from my Kaossilator Pro into Garageband! It is quite simple actually and is ALOT easier than you would think. Following the tempo/pitch for your song w/ these WAV/AIFF files is really easy too! 🙂 I have made almost 4 songs now just using samples and loops from my Kaossilator Pro. I just would like to know if anybody has found out how to use it MIDI w/ Garageband? It would REALLY help me out 🙂 Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:35 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2012 10:22 PM in response to Keith Barkley

yeeeeah thats what i've been figuring out for the last 12 hours haha. kinda've a pain but hey it works out. u can still throw some pretty cool effects and what not. Even with MIDI cables running from my kaoss pro into my mac doesn't work. i can transfer the loops I make on my kaoss pro to the editor on my comp, then transfer those files to GB then go from there. It ***** there isn't a way to hook it in and sync it w/ GB so you can hit record then start jamming on the kaoss pro. Thanks for the response though! 🙂

Is there any way to use the Korg Kaossilator Pro with Garageband 6.0.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.