Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion 10.7.4 Flash Plugin Crashes

I am using a mid 2009 Macbook pro, and just updated to 10.7.4. Since doing this my Flash plugin crashes on both Safari and Firefox so I can't even load Youtube videos.

I've got the most updated version of Firefox and Flash player, and after looking through forums have tried rebooting my Macbook several times. Each time I reboot Youtube videos load a little bit more without crashing, but I havn't got more than 5 seconds into a video yet.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 29, 2012 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2012 10:14 AM

Hi...

Quit your browsers.

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Storage tab. Click: Delete All

Now uninstall the Flash plugin then reinstall new > Troubleshoot Flash Player | Mac OS

Very important to uninstall the currently installed plugin first.

Launch Safari From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Empty Cache

Now try a video.

BTW... if you have the ClickToFlash extension installed, that can prevent Flash based video from streaming. It can also be installed as a plugin in /Library/Internet-Plug-Ins.

And check to see if Safari is running in 32 bit mode. Right or control click the Safari icon in your Applications folder then click Get Info. If the box next to: Open in 32 bit mode is selected, deselect, quit then relaunch Safari.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2012 10:14 AM in response to richmantom

Hi...

Quit your browsers.

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Storage tab. Click: Delete All

Now uninstall the Flash plugin then reinstall new > Troubleshoot Flash Player | Mac OS

Very important to uninstall the currently installed plugin first.

Launch Safari From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Empty Cache

Now try a video.

BTW... if you have the ClickToFlash extension installed, that can prevent Flash based video from streaming. It can also be installed as a plugin in /Library/Internet-Plug-Ins.

And check to see if Safari is running in 32 bit mode. Right or control click the Safari icon in your Applications folder then click Get Info. If the box next to: Open in 32 bit mode is selected, deselect, quit then relaunch Safari.

Lion 10.7.4 Flash Plugin Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.