Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My dashboard won't open from my dock, or applications folder. I've tried previous solutions posted on here but have had no luck. I'm running 10.6.8. Any suggestions?

I've poured over these boards in hopes to finding a solution as to why my dashboard won't open. It literally stopped working mid day, one day when I went to return to get a number off of my sticky note in my dashboard. I have tried posting the different lists from my preferences page, however, am unable to get the docments to actually drag to my desktop. I'm not sure if there are any other solutions, but was hoping to find a quick fix as opposed to traveling 2 hours to the nearest genius bar. Any help would be awesome!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 29, 2012 10:49 AM

5 replies

May 29, 2012 11:25 AM in response to WyoCait

Solution may be found if you search in the "More Like This" section over in the right column.

Please describe in detail all you have attempted to do in order to resolve the issue.

Apple Stores are not the only places that repairs Macs - AASP and How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP)

If you are still under warranty or have Apple Care, call them and get a case number. Most issues can be handled over the phone.

User uploaded file

May 29, 2012 12:41 PM in response to WyoCait

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

If you’re running Mac OS X 10.7 or later, open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the page that opens.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Try the action again. Post any messages that appear in the Console window – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Important: Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Edit it out by search-and-replace in a text editor before posting.

Apr 8, 2014 5:13 PM in response to Alexandra810

You posted in a thread that has not had any activity in 2 years! Please start your own topic. Also, please describe in detail all you have attempted to do in order to resolve the issue.

It is very difficult to offer troubleshooting suggestions when the "os version" you are using is unknown as each os has their own troubleshooting solutions.

Please complete or update your system profile so the users here can properly help you.

User uploaded file

My dashboard won't open from my dock, or applications folder. I've tried previous solutions posted on here but have had no luck. I'm running 10.6.8. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.