Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm new. How do I update my feed after posting a new podcast?

I'm sure this has been asked a bazillion times but i haven't found an answer.

I just joined iTunes and received a confirmation email that my podcast feed has been accepted. The email states,

"

After adding a new episode, update your feed in the fastest possible manner with the ping service by visiting this URL:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/pingPodcast?id=(ID REMOVED)

"

But when I click the link it instead takes me to this link...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8&id=(IDREMOVED)

And I cannot find any option to update my feed. Please help and thanks!

Posted on May 29, 2012 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2012 1:53 PM

Once your feed has been accepted you are given the URL to the iTunes Store, which is presumably what the second link you have posted is.

You don't have to interact with the Store any further. Just add a new episode to the podcast and re-upload the feed. Subscribers will see the new episode immediately, but it usually takes the Store a day or two, occasionally longer, to catch up.

Incidentally I don't know where you saw the instruction to ping the Store, but that facility was removed over a year ago. (Not that it ever did much good anyway). The Store will update when it gets round to your feed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2012 1:53 PM in response to Nairby

Once your feed has been accepted you are given the URL to the iTunes Store, which is presumably what the second link you have posted is.

You don't have to interact with the Store any further. Just add a new episode to the podcast and re-upload the feed. Subscribers will see the new episode immediately, but it usually takes the Store a day or two, occasionally longer, to catch up.

Incidentally I don't know where you saw the instruction to ping the Store, but that facility was removed over a year ago. (Not that it ever did much good anyway). The Store will update when it gets round to your feed.

I'm new. How do I update my feed after posting a new podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.