Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to overcome sim card not installed

I delete iphone and connect to itunnes for recovery after my iphone3Gs installed i couldnt activate the iphone and my itunnes account display that sim card not installed. I tried few way that i watched in youtube like put in old nokia phone, put masking tape in the sim card tray but yet the problem could not resolve. please help me. I bought this iphone cydia jailbreak but i reset to factory setting to avoid problem but yet i coudnt use and activate my phone.

Can anyone help me?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:08 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2013 3:46 PM in response to amolonline

Same issue. I bought mine from a Radio Shack. They got it ready, transferred info from old to new and home I went . It started showing the No Sim card installed message fairly soon. When it happens I can text but not receive or make calls. Haven't had it long enough to add more than a couple of apps...and they were same as on old phone--so I have no experience with how it interferes with or is connected with any apps.

The only fix I've found so far isn't permanent. Restart phone. And for a while all is well. Was hoping I could find a cure on this forum...but not so far.

how to overcome sim card not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.