Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I circumvent this connection issue due to closed-lid mode?

I recently purchased a new Samsung monitor and have narrowed down the deficient connectivity to the fact that the Wi-Fi antennae is located at the "MacBook Pro" area of my computer's monitor. I own a late 2009, 2.26 GHz MacBook Pro connected to a 2011 AirPort Extreme Base Station. Resetting the router and searching for the ideal channel still keeps my connection at a slow crawl when the lid is closed. I'm posting this question to see if there any developments in solvin this connection issue and whether or not there is anything I can do before purchasing an external antennae. Any and all help and greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Late 2009), iPad, iPod Touch (1st Generation), iPod Nano (1st Gen)

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:49 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2012 8:03 PM in response to GoldenA

Certain external monitors and LCD displays: Certain displays may emit harmonic interference, especially in the 2.4GHz band between channels 11 and 14. This interference may be at its worst if you have a portable computer with the lid closed and an external monitor connected to it. Try changing your access point to use 5 Ghz or a lower 2.4 GHz channel.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1365

Aug 26, 2012 2:34 AM in response to GoldenA

I've had the same problem, everything was o.k. when lid is open but when I connect it to external monitor and close the lid, wifi signal is very week or there was no signal at all. I tried moving macbook all over the room and nothing helped, untill I tried to open the lid just a little so that macbook monitor stays off, immediately my wifi signal was normal again, strong as it is when I'm using it whit lid open.

I hope it will help you to.

How can I circumvent this connection issue due to closed-lid mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.