Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having trouble with Safari loading webpages on iphone since 5.1.1 update?

I have an iPhone 4s and for the past few days my Safari will not load pages. I am also having trouble connecting to the app store and using the Maps. I thought it might be a problem with AT&T and my phone being throttled but it is not. Is this an issue with the 5.1.1 update for the iPhone? How can I resolve? This is a headache. Thank You.

Posted on May 30, 2012 5:54 AM

13 replies

May 30, 2012 11:49 AM in response to Castor2641

My husband and I have been having the same issue for 2 days now...After being on and off the phone with the "tech support" at AT&T for over 3 hours, one of their agents finally fixed the problem for me. I turned off my phone, he removed my phone from their network, and then when I turned it back on, the 4G finally worked again. He said that sometimes the iPhone has trouble letting go of the Wi-Fi. So to troubleshoot in the future, he said to go to your settings, turn off the Wi-Fi, shut your phone off for a couple of minutes, and then turn it back on and it should find the 4G network again.

Hope that helps!

Anyone having trouble with Safari loading webpages on iphone since 5.1.1 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.