Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone tell me why the dictionary, invoked with the right click contextual menu...'look up' sometimes until a reboot...will not highlight the word correctly...but truncates it or jumps the space between words to look up nonsense?

dictionary anomaly —search word doesn't match hightlighted word (when using the contextual menu to highlight word to look up)

Can anyone tell me why the dictionary, invoked with the right click contextual menu...'look up' sometimes until a reboot...will not highlight the word correctly...but truncates it or jumps the space between words to look up a nonsense word? Running 10.7.4 on a MacBookPro 15.

Thanks...I used it often and hate to interupt writing for a reboot....would love to find the cause and fix it...or a better Dictionary?

Side note...this form asks 'what community'? but doesn't offer 10.7/Lion as an option...does that mean I am the only one with Lions biting my butt and it is working just great for everyone?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 8G Ram 500GB HD MBP 15 i7

Posted on May 30, 2012 9:54 AM

There are no replies.

Can anyone tell me why the dictionary, invoked with the right click contextual menu...'look up' sometimes until a reboot...will not highlight the word correctly...but truncates it or jumps the space between words to look up nonsense?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.