Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my TV episode taking 50 hours to download?

I wanted to watch the last two episodes of the Big Bang Theory on my PC downstairs, which has a nice screen. So I open iTunes and purchase. The downloads take Forever! What is up?

What can I check? I am using a wireless connection, I think. How do I check its speed?

If I plug in an Ethernet cable to the home LAN, will it go faster?

HP PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 30, 2012 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2012 1:36 PM

Have you tested on other wireless networks? The wireless connection doesn't matter (as long as it's a good stable connection), it's the Internet connection that determines your download speed.

For more info on expected download speeds, check out this Apple article -> iTunes Store: Download times will vary

Also, try the CNET Bandwidth Meter on that page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2012 1:36 PM in response to palmpeebs

Have you tested on other wireless networks? The wireless connection doesn't matter (as long as it's a good stable connection), it's the Internet connection that determines your download speed.

For more info on expected download speeds, check out this Apple article -> iTunes Store: Download times will vary

Also, try the CNET Bandwidth Meter on that page.

Why is my TV episode taking 50 hours to download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.