Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widget disappears from section page in portrait mode.

Thank you for your help.

I have a section page (iii) at the begginning of a book with a gallery of 12 photos. I have titled it and written a caption for each photo. Yet, when I switch to portrait mode the widget disappears. There is no image on the side. I have a title on the page in a text field, but I have no text in the main body text field (I'm using the the "Foreward" section template).

What's happening? I've downloaded two books about iBooks Author today but have yet to find a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks again.

Scott

iBooks Author 1.1

OS 10.7.4

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac G4, iBook, Mac SE, Apple II+

Posted on May 30, 2012 1:25 PM

9 replies

May 30, 2012 2:37 PM in response to K T

K T,

I create in landscape and edit in portrait. The problem is that I'm at a loss as to how to edit in portrait in this case since the widget I placed on the section page in landscape doesn't show up in portrait.

I've been experimenting. On another section page (dedication) I put in a picture of the dedicatee, it, too, does not appear in the portrait orientation.

I've also tried previewing it on the iPad to see if it might actually work there, but no -- grasping at straws.

Thanks for your reply.

Scott

May 30, 2012 3:01 PM in response to K T

Now you are really going to put your hand on your forehead.

I can't find an option for "disable" in the menus or inspector.

Here's what I've tried since my last reply: I've moved in new photos in case there was something wrong with the jpg files. That didn't make a difference. I added text to the pages -- no diff. I've tried created new pages using "Page Break" and still the photo and widget did not show up. I also tried defining the photo as a "placeholder", still not visible in portrait mode.

Thanks,

Scott

May 31, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Scott Grabinger

Problem solved.

Graphic files disappear from section pages in portrait mode. That's the way the program works. I got this from Apple Support. I called, paid my $49.00 and found that having a graphic appear on a section page in portrait isn't possible. Apple was kind enough to stop payment on the case so I'm not out $49.00. I'm not looking for InDesign here, but it seems like a good idea to make graphics visible on section pages in portrait.

Thanks K T for your help.

Scott

Widget disappears from section page in portrait mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.