Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Em-where are folders

Where do I find folders to store emails that I want to save and how to hide other addresses when forwarding?

iPad 2

Posted on May 30, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2012 2:24 PM

Unless your email account is IMAP you can't add folders.

Look in your email account - in the window on the left that shows your inbox, sent folder and trash folder. If there is an Edit button at the top of that window you can tap that to Add Mailbox at the bottom of the window. If the edit button is not there - you do not have an IMAP account and you can't add folders.

I see no way to hide the other recipients when forwarding and email other than to delete them in the body of the email underneath "Begin Forwarded Message".

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2012 2:24 PM in response to carrlynfromaz

Unless your email account is IMAP you can't add folders.

Look in your email account - in the window on the left that shows your inbox, sent folder and trash folder. If there is an Edit button at the top of that window you can tap that to Add Mailbox at the bottom of the window. If the edit button is not there - you do not have an IMAP account and you can't add folders.

I see no way to hide the other recipients when forwarding and email other than to delete them in the body of the email underneath "Begin Forwarded Message".

Em-where are folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.