Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud - Set up icloud on a device... - when trying to Log in

Ok, so i have had my iphone for a while now, and yes i did set up my icloud account i have the confirmation email on my inbox

and i've used it before to locate my iphone and to display messages when lost. The thing is, today when i tried to log in to use find my phone

it wouldnt let me log in , displaying the message "Set up icloud on a device to use icloud.com" ... Its very frustrating

ICloud-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 30, 2012 3:29 PM

5 replies

Jun 3, 2012 12:33 AM in response to PabloGG

Just had this happen to me too. I have been using iclound for quite a while on a few devices so I guessed this must be a bug and it kind of is! To work around this screen you must have one of your devices, in this case my iphone and then click on iCloud Settings and it will ask you to agree to some t&c rubbish. As soon as you do this it lets you into www.icloud.com! Pretty useless if you've lost your phone though...

Sep 17, 2013 9:17 PM in response to Wildstar Wallaby

This misleading error message occurred for me when I changed the country associated with my Apple ID. I travel regularly and have apps from US, Aus, and Singapore AppStores (or I googled something that was only available in the UK AppStore so I changed to that also once). Each time I had to accept new AppStore T&Cs and I guess the consequence was I also needed to accept new iCloud T&C's also.

It's a pity they're separate agreements or that I'm not offered them at the same time given I regularly use both Apple service offerings, or that the error message doesn't simply tell me 'You changed countries for your Apple ID, here's the new T&C for you to accept'.

Nov 18, 2013 11:51 PM in response to Joar1000

Sorry, I think I may have been wrong. While the t&cs issue and switching between countries seemed to be at fault, I actually think it might have been the system clock and possible time zone issue that caused my problems. I was switching back and forwatd several hours, days or months and unless the system clock aligned with, I guess, apples servers then iMessage didn't work, and with it iCloud.

Honestly I can't recall clearly now, but believe that was part of my issue.

Jul 15, 2016 7:01 AM in response to PabloGG

This has happened to me a couple of times in the past two months. I went into iCloud settings on my iphone and, low and behold, up popped a new set of T&Cs for me to Agree to. Problem solved but the messages on screen are totally wrong. I had setup iCloud and has been using it on the pc for years when this happened. Very annoying that the message regarding the T&Cs is neither referenced or highlighted on either device.

icloud - Set up icloud on a device... - when trying to Log in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.