Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I authorize my Iphone in Itunes

My new 4S does not seem to be authorized in Itunes.My old 3G was and i removed it .So how do I authorize it

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 30, 2012 3:19 PM

10 replies

May 30, 2012 3:47 PM in response to Templeton Peck

That is what i thought !!!! But when i tried to find my phone in devices it wqas no where to be found.Go to settings and scroll down to music ,scroll down to home sharing and type in your Apple ID and Password and your devices will apear in the authorized colum of your account.otherwise every time you buy a tone music etc you will get an email from Itunes stating that some one just purchased a tone music etc .just to alert you.it was purchased from another device that is not Authorized.thanks for trying to help.I got it done,

Feb 27, 2015 8:02 AM in response to King Of All Blues

My home sharing has my APPLE ID already. My iPhone isn't authorized. It's more like kind of strange a rep doesn't know all the options or settings a person has entered or changed in their phone. Each individual's issue could be different depending on what they attempted while trying to authorize their phones.

So as home sharing worked for you that's great. Home Sharing has my APPLE ID. I am sure if a rep had our phone in their hand they could have figured it out much quicker than you did.

Working over the phone or internet is tough, it's our descriptions that allows them to assist us. It's also great if before someone pressed that option if they'd take note on a pad of paper. That way there what has been tried can be told to the rep.

Just an idea.

Yeah... home sharing has my APPLE ID and I am still not authorized. You should also try being polite to people, you seem like you're not correct too often with having to point out some reps inability to blindly resolve an issue with someone's phone over the internet. We have our phones in our hands, reps aren't robots, their people.

Oct 27, 2016 3:24 AM in response to King Of All Blues

You know after all the trouble I went through myself it seems that the solutions shown above... (Although they are "alternative solutions" around "authorizing" content on other devices other than Macs) it seems that Apple does have a drawback on this matter.

You can! You can authorize Macbook Pro to Imac, Imac to Macbook Pro, Mac to PC and vice versa.

"HOWEVER"

There is no solution that answers this question specifically. If I am correct I do remember that 'back in the days...' you can still authorize iphone devices and Macs and PCs....

Yes! 'Family Home Sharing' is an "alternative solution" to allowing other devices to see content you've bought using your Itunes account not theirs. The drawback is in the way Apple has developed the security features from my perspective. Not everyone can be trusted. The option to limit who can purchase using your Apple ID is only available to people under the age of 18 that are using the 'Family Home Sharing' so to speak. So if you've got friends or family members that are over 18 and are known for their unstable credit card history then you might be in for a trainwreck of problems such as unauthorized payments and debt building up. This issue cannot specifically be aimed at the people who work at Apple to provide a service or work as a retail staff. It is probably to do with the developers and the backend pen pushing legal advisors causing this problem.

Although I can't say this is a direct answer like the "alternative solutions" provided above... You could try logging into the persons device you want to authorize and download the app then sign out. This may work with content such as movies but not sure with apps if they can be transferred or not.

How do I authorize my Iphone in Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.