Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager is Killing Me

I have been trying to get my lion server for my family to be stabile for 3 weeks. Most everything works except profile manager. I have set up push and have a self signed certificate. I have enrolled all of the computers in the house. My problem occurs when I set up profile manager. It works a couple of times then the plist files get refreshed with different settings on the client computers. the settings are getting pushed to the computers, they are just not staying correct to the settings on the server.

Example: I have profile manager set so the login screen has a welcome message and to show all of the network users. It works for a couple of time then it has half of the settings but not others. The parental controls dont work at all. I set the parental controls to have time limits but the kids cannot log in except between 5pm-9pm even though I have it set for 9am to 10 pm. It even sets it for 5pm-9pm if I didn't set any cerfews. the same goes for time limits. It will say that a kid is out of time but there is no time limit set and is in the login time.

I have been looking at the Managed Prefrence folder and can see them change between logins. If I delete the Managed prefrence folder it rebuilds them correctly then I login as the local administrator then logout and the login screen settings are messed up and wont show the users. I set ut up so the administrator can reset the managed prefrences and it worked for a while but not anymore.

Where do the managed prefrences get pushed from and why would any subsequent refresh be refreshed with the incorrect settings?

Thanks

David

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 30, 2012 8:00 PM

1 reply

Profile Manager is Killing Me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.