Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes diagnostics can't recognize iPod though iTunes itself can

iTunes does open up when I plug in my ipod and I can also delete or add music to it. However, if I run the diagnostics in the Device sync tests it will be in red and say, "No iPod Touch, iPhone or ipad found." 1st why is 'it' not found since stuff could be done to it. And 2nd why does it say "iPod Touch, iPhone or ipad" since it isn't any of these really? Certainly the test is not made for only those 3 hence my question it.

Thank you

Ipod 5th geeratuion

itunes ver 10.6

Posted on May 30, 2012 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2012 5:59 AM

That's because the test was designed to check for a connection of an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch in particular. It's just one part of the test. Another part of that same diagnostic should have referred to your connected 5G iPod Video if it was connected when you ran the test.

B-rock

3 replies

May 31, 2012 3:12 PM in response to planb77

Thanks for your help. ;-) If I may, which part should be referring to my connected 50G video? On the same page showing the above message it also says, "One or more tests failed." this to me begs 2 questions; Well is it on or two? how could it not know? And which test failed? Perhaps if one, are they referring to the fact that there is no "iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch" And if so then perhaps it should have mentioned it--if not then...?

After that window, with the above messages, a result window pops up.

Jun 1, 2012 5:46 AM in response to pintree3

It should be a bit further up on the report. I'll try to post a screen shot a little later on or if you are up for it, post your diagnostic test reports.

"One or more tests failed." this to me begs 2 questions; Well is it on or two? how could it not know?

It should tell you what failed. If not, you should still be able to determine what failed from looking at the report.

B-rock

iTunes diagnostics can't recognize iPod though iTunes itself can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.