Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t eject disc. Macbook Pro. Tried all recommendations. Is it possible I have two discs inserted? My daughter was using it sometime ago, had played discs. What next?

Any Help?????

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on May 31, 2012 3:42 AM

30 replies

May 31, 2012 6:51 AM in response to CLAMFARMER

Reboot the computer holding the option key down, I've found this will sometimes eject a disk if it's not bootable, else click on it and press the eject key on the keyboard. Then select OS X boot drive and click the arrow key on the screen.

Another method is to reboot and hold the D key down for a long time, this loads Apple Hardware Test from Apple's servers, run a test if you wish then click Shutdown, the disk may eject.

It's not possible to have two full sized disks in there, it is possible if a mini-cd was inserted, then a full size disk that might jam the optical drive.

The optical drive case is machined to be sealed shut, opening the machine to try to get the disk out that way won't work.

Shaking a cd-mini disk out may work, if it's a full sized cd/dvd then the mechanical was engaged and trapped it inside.

If it's a cd-mini in there, then use a thin stiff piece of card stock with a slight bent end and get underneath it and fish it near the exit where it can be grabbed with a pair of teasers.

A vacuum cleaner should never come close to a Mac, it creates a destructive static charge and won't get the disk out.

May 31, 2012 7:53 AM in response to ds store

ds store, greetings; A minor disagreement on your last paragraph, "A vacuum cleaner should never come close to a Mac, it creates a destructive static charge and won't get the disk out."

That may apply to one of the upright models, but those would be rather awkward to use in this instance since they would essentially have to be turned upside down. The idea is to utilize one that has a long hose that will induce a helpful suction in extricating the stuck disk. The motor that you are concerned about would be no closer than one using said vacuum cleaner for its intended purposes while one might be using their MBP.

I have yet to hear of a vacuum cleaner motor doing harm to a MBP.

Ciao.

Sep 15, 2012 12:53 PM in response to ds store

It is indeed possible to have 2 full sized discs stuck in the MacBook drive as I discovered when I removed booth Puss in Boots and NBA 2k12 from my drive thanks to my 2 yr old. As for the method of removal that worked, I had to log out , shut down, then power back on and wait 10-15 minutes until it actually attempted to eject said discs. Then point the drive slot toward the ground and with a firm grip shake in an up and down motion until the two discs appeared and pull them out. Thank God for forums like this or I would probably be out of some cash to remedy this situation.

Can’t eject disc. Macbook Pro. Tried all recommendations. Is it possible I have two discs inserted? My daughter was using it sometime ago, had played discs. What next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.