Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address book won't remove MobileMe account

I am having real problems with Address Book after transfering from MobileMe to iCloud.

I have two accounts running at the moment:

MobileMe - xxxxxx

iCloud - xxxxxxx (using my Apple ID as they suggest)

This means that I have two accounts in my Address book with duplicate details.

I have turned off the MobileMe account on my iMac - and they still show in Address Book.

I have gone in to Address Book preferences and tried to disable the MobileMe Account by unchecking the 'Enable this account' button ... but it simply checks itself again. So I still have duplicates.

I have removed the MobileMe account altogether from the Address Book Accounts pane, but when I restart the app they just come back again!

I have gone on to the MobileMe Address Book online and deleted all of the contacts - but they have not been deleted off of my Address Book.

Can someone please tell me how I can remove this account from my Address Book as it's driving me mad, I dont want it anymore and it also means that I now have a duplicate Birthdays account in my iCal as well!!!

<Edited By Host>

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 31, 2012 2:29 AM

There are no replies.

Address book won't remove MobileMe account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.