Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem capturing Panasonic tape with SONY HDV deck

Hello all!

I'm currently experiencing a similar problem I had a few months ago with capturing a tape.

The tape format is Panasonic DVPRO. The deck is a SONY DVCAM/HDV model HVR-M15E.

It happens that I can use log and capture to view the tape, I can set in and out points, however when I try and capture it, and by now I used all options (from logging clip and batchinf, capturing now etc) and it gives me the same error all the time, which is that the tape is compromised. However I tried with other tapes and it gives me the same error, which makes me doubt all 20 tapes are damaged.

I'm now wondering if it could be the fact that it's two different brands? Meaning the tape being Panasonic and the deck SONY? Could this be? If not does anyone have any suggestions? They would be very welcome!!

Thank you again!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:50 AM

3 replies

Jun 1, 2012 4:49 AM in response to kisumi

Thanks everyone!!

@Shane everything is set up correctly otherwise I wouldnt be able to even view it on the Log in and Capture window - the problem only arises when I try to capture the points I need. The timeline settings are as follows: Panasonic DVPRO50, and audio as DV50 PAL.

@Jim thanks we will try that since we tried yet another deck and it is not working. We believe it's incompability of the tapes with the deck...

Problem capturing Panasonic tape with SONY HDV deck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.