Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix won't accept my ID and password?

I have just added the Apple TV to my TV. When I tried to sign in to Netflix using the ID and password that I use on my entire collection of devises, iPhone, iPad, iBook, iMac 27", iMac 20" will all connect to Netflix, but Netflix won't accept my Apple TV. No error codes, just won't recognise the same ID & PW!!

This really ticls me off!!

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2012 1:58 PM

After 2 calls to NetFlix with no solutios and 1 call to Apple with a solution which fixed the login and password with Netflix completely. Apple very carefully guided me through resetting the WiFi channels to correct potential interference with other neigborhood WiFis.

This fix is very specific to ones neigborhood. The thing I learned that most should know about is the power of the System Information under About This Mac. Once in the System Information, go down the list to Wi-Fi and click it. It may take a few seconds, but your Mac see all your neigboring Wi-Fis, even the very weak signals and reports the Signal / Noise (S/N) of each. I was flabergased by this encreadible list of 14 WiFis close by.

Apple had me read the Channel of these and the S/N and then had me change the channel of my 2 WiFi Networks on my Airport Extreme. This worked!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 3, 2012 1:58 PM in response to sgtphil

After 2 calls to NetFlix with no solutios and 1 call to Apple with a solution which fixed the login and password with Netflix completely. Apple very carefully guided me through resetting the WiFi channels to correct potential interference with other neigborhood WiFis.

This fix is very specific to ones neigborhood. The thing I learned that most should know about is the power of the System Information under About This Mac. Once in the System Information, go down the list to Wi-Fi and click it. It may take a few seconds, but your Mac see all your neigboring Wi-Fis, even the very weak signals and reports the Signal / Noise (S/N) of each. I was flabergased by this encreadible list of 14 WiFis close by.

Apple had me read the Channel of these and the S/N and then had me change the channel of my 2 WiFi Networks on my Airport Extreme. This worked!

Aug 8, 2015 12:34 PM in response to sgtphil

I've also just realized that some of the sign in's do not work through the remote app - period. I tried and tried my usernames and passwords in several different applications with the remote app and nothing took. AS SOON AS I SWITCHED BACK TO THE APPLE TV REMOTE to login to those same apps, everything worked like a charm.

Just FYI

Netflix won't accept my ID and password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.