Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with bluetooth keyboard

I have the old Apple bluetooth keyboard (It's the same thing as the new ones, except it takes 3 batteries instead of 2, I was unaware there was even an old one when I bought this) but anyways I bought this about 3 months ago refurbished, and about a week ago the command button, "z" , "x" , and "c" buttons just stopped working. I was wondering if there is a way to fix it. I opened up the keyboard viewer and the buttons do not change colors like when I press any of the other keys. And to save you guys the trouble of asking. I tried my keyboard on two different macs, has the same problem, I replaced the batteries twice, and I tried another apple bluetooth keyboard on my macbook and it works just fine, and it is not damaged because I haven't spilled any liquids on it and I haven't dropped it either, it's been sitting on my desk a majority of the time since the day I got it. If it helps, when those buttons first stopped working if I hit the "c" button hard enough, it would still work, but not anymore.

I tried looking online, but I cannot find much on this, and I cannot return it or anything like that because the return policy / warranty was only 30 days.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:54 AM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2012 4:12 AM in response to Alex McFarlane

Hello:

I do not know of any procedure you could try to address what you described.

IMHO, the refurbished KB is faulty. Did you get it from Apple or some other source? If it was from Apple, I would call customer service. I do not work for Apple, but I do understand that they will occasionally make "equity" adjustments on cases like yours. It would not hurt to ask.

Barry

Problem with bluetooth keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.