Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I burn a Keynote presentation onto a DVD, without audio, from my Mac

How Do I burn a Keynote Presentation onto a DVD, without audio, from my Mac

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 31, 2012 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 1:50 PM

Do you have sound and not want it, or you don't have sound?

If choice 2, then why don't you export to QuickTime (File- Export), and save it to a dvd. Then burn.

6 replies

Jun 4, 2012 6:54 PM in response to lizpainter

Wait, how did you burn it? What do you see on the disc? (In finder). Do you see a .key file? Because DVD Player can't play that... If you export it (see my first post, or the screenshot) then that changes the format. And then DVD Player can read it.

Step 1:

User uploaded file

Step 2:

User uploaded file

Step 3:

User uploaded file

Step 4:

After that, just drag the Presentation from your Desktop to the DVD. Burn it, and you're all set.

Jun 5, 2012 2:47 PM in response to XplozionMan

I must have done something wrong in my frustration to get it done and before I received your detailed reply. So now I have seen the DVD being burned, but as you said, it won't play. I have planned to put the presentation on a flash drive, which hopefully will be easier, but I still would like to know how to burn the DVD and be able to play it. Do you think the flash drive idea is a better and easier solution?

Jun 6, 2012 1:25 PM in response to lizpainter

Yes, definitely. This is because, burning a DVD makes it imposible to edit any content on it. On a flash drive, you can always go back and edit it, or delete it.

Once you have your presentation exported into QuickTime, and on the DVD, (my previous post) just select that DVD from your sidebar in Finder and click Burn on the black bar at the top of the DVD's contents.

Also, I'm afraid that if you burned the DVD already, you may have made uneditable, so unless you use the flash drive idea, you're gonna need a new DVD...

How do I burn a Keynote presentation onto a DVD, without audio, from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.