Skip navigation

want to see photos from main computer do you know how to do that?

507 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 8:09 PM by susoak RSS
susoak Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 31, 2012 1:30 PM

would like to be able to view or access photos on my main computer without putting them all on my iPad.... is there a way to do that?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ)
  • Matthew Morgan Level 7 Level 7 (22,420 points)

Do you have an iCloud account?

The Photo Stream feature will keep you must recent photos updated on your devices.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/icloud/#photostream

Matt

• Dragon4486 Level 1 Level 1 (140 points)

If you connect the iPad to the computer and open iTunes, it will find the iPad. The center of iTunes will show multiple tabs related to the iPad. Under photos you can setup a file from the pc to sync to the iPad.

When putting photos on the computer to view them, if you have some or all you want sync to the iPad, then move to this folder and sync.

You can make a specific folder on the computer for this, and sub folders to further organize them.

I have one folder with 8 subfoldes I setup to sync my iPad too, works great, no issues at all. I have mine setup wireless so I never have to connect my iPad to my laptop.

Anytime, good luck. If you have more questions Regardong this post here to keep it all together.

Another option you might look at is the wireless sync between iPad and iTunes.

The folder you set up can have photos added or removed when you want and then when you en the ipad iPhoto's next it should update with those changes.

You do have to be on your home network for it to work but it does.

There is another option if you do a lot of photos, a wireless external drive for the iPad, they have them in the TB range too.

You can also use the iPad to remote into you're computer, that may allow you to do what you want but I never tried it for that purpose. I had mine setup to remote into my laptop and it worked fine for what I needed it for. You can look into that also as an option.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.