Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match stuck at "Sending information to Apple"

This started happening two days ago and I'm still stuck at step 1.. If I disable and re-enable iTunes Match it syncs once and then if I update iTunes Match I'm stuck at "Sending.." again.. Is somebody else having this problem?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on May 31, 2012 4:32 PM

104 replies

Jun 1, 2012 11:28 AM in response to arcticguy16

Not just you -- I've been getting this on and off for the last week or so. Sometimes it goes through eventually, sometimes it does not.

I'm also seeing a lot of 4001 errors here, so I'm guessing there's something amiss over in the Apple data center. I could call but I'm sure their support center won't be much help, given past experience. "Keep trying, sir".

My auto-renew is turned off - Apple, I hope to really pull a rabbit out of your hat before November comes....

Jun 3, 2012 4:03 PM in response to arcticguy16

I've been having this problem for the past week and a half. I finally got one song to match the other day and was happy. I just want a match or an upload, because I want it on my phone. I dont want to have to disable match on my phone just to put my songs on it.

Today (6/3/2012) I have been trying to get an album to upload. I left the room (stuck on "sending to apple") and came back after dinner. When I came back the songs were everywhere, (uploaded, matched) but thats ok, it dosent matter. I tried downloading them on my phone and just got an error with 3/4 the album "Unable to download.etc.. etc...".

I tried encoding the album to AAC 256 since AAC is apparently a lot more friendly with iTunes Match (note ALAC songs not uploading) and I'm trying again. Still stuck on "sending to apple"..

HIGHLY FRUSTRATING.

Oh I also forgot to mention, I have had to put songs onto my phone using goodreader, since again... my library is frozen (as in, stuck with what I have downloaded) on my phone with itunes match being down.

Jun 4, 2012 5:11 AM in response to arcticguy16

Yeah, it seems to be a problem in Apple's servers.. I get it synced sometimes now, but I've noticed that is matching less music than before.. (I add music very often to my library). 😕

Maybe they are introducing some changes to the service.. Note that the WWDC is next week and they may have something to say about Match.. Who knows.. Movie matches???

Anyway, I hope they fix this soon. I'm getting ton of error messages in my iPhone with music that is already in the cloud, like ("This item is not available for download" or something like that)...

HIGHLY FRUSTRATING, indeed.. 😠

Jun 7, 2012 3:44 PM in response to arcticguy16

I know replies like this don't help the discussion at all, but I just wanted to say I'm having the same exact problem. It's relieving to see that other people are in the same boat, but it's still frustrating. I've tried 3 times tonight (for a half hour each time) to upload a short 4 track EP to iTunes Match, and it got stuck on "Sending information to Apple" each time. I've got over 6,000 tracks matched or uploaded, so iTunes Match is not new to me; something's clearly messed up. 😉 Are other folks still having problems presently?

Jun 13, 2012 7:10 PM in response to arcticguy16

Turn off auto-renew. I'm dead serious. They may not be checking this board or their support calls, but I bet you dollars to donuts they know what % of iTunes Match subscribers have auto-renew off. It's set to "on" by default, btw.

I actually called them last week about this issue and I was told that there are known "iCloud" issues that have been sent to engineering with no ETA at this time. I informed them that, unless Apple really pulls a rabbit out of their hat between now and November and gives us something amazing with a v2 product (like HD-AAC lossless / streaming functionality in iCloud), then my auto-renew is staying off. 😟 It's the only thing I can personally do as a voice of frustration and protest.

Jun 14, 2012 9:48 AM in response to Community User

Sadly, I've disabled iTunes Match on my computer and phone, to switch to an unnamed competitor temporarily, while I ride this out. Though I'll give it another shot this evening.

It's too bad because I genuinely like the iTunes Match features and functionality a LOT more than any other product. (I paid for it the day it was released.) But it has mysteriously gotten worse the last few weeks without a doubt. Last night I tried to add one album to the cloud, and after waiting an hour I decided to disable iTunes Match, turn it back on, and add that one album again overnight. When I woke up, not only was the album still "Waiting" and not added, but iTunes hadn't even successfully grabbed my existing iTunes Match albums. So I left for work with iTunes totally empty. Bummer.

iTunes Match stuck at "Sending information to Apple"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.