I got this problem yesterday evening. I had 30 new songs and 14 of them never got uploaded. The process was looping from step 1 to the upload step. Timeout, and then the process restarted. I tried disabling iTunes Match, updating Genius, restarting iTunes, rebooting my MacBook Pro 2010, rebooted AirPort Extreme ... Nothing would fix it. So I decided to wait for next morning, in case it would be a server problem. But no, same problem again this morning.
The console was showing some network errors related to iTunes. I then decided to use my iPhone tethering feature. Over my providers network (LTE), I got able to sync iTunes Match without any problem.
So the problem seems to be with either the AirPort Extreme or my Internet provider (Videotron).
This problem started after upgrading to Mountain Lion. There might be an incompatibility with the AirPort Extreme. I'll try new songs tonight and report here after.
Update: added 24 news songs to my library, 10 of them not matched. On my wi-fi, it was not able to upload the 10 songs. Kept restarting over and over. I switched to my LTE network, it was able to able to upload 5 songs, then it restarted and upload the last 5 songs.
This is strange. I looks like a timeout happens somewhere, most likely on iTunes Match servers. Maybe each upload uses a different server and randomly, a bad server (full or not responding) gets the request and make everything stop. Don't know. really strange. The next thing I might do is put a sniffer on the network to see the handshakes.
Same problem here, though not limited to any individual step in the Match process. This is very unfortunate. We expect Apple to produce products that "just work" without requiring the user to fiddle with all manner of things and troubleshoot for hours to fix simple problems.
Anyway, having fiddled with all manner of things and troubleshot for hours, here are some suggestions (iTunes 11.0.4 / MacOS 10.8.4). I suspect Step 2 was the key for me.
- Sign out of iTunes Store (Store > Sign Out)
- Remove artists with bad cover artwork in left (artist) column.
- Review cover artwork associated with artists in the "Artist" view. I had previously noticed that a small percentage of the artists I had imported from non-iTunes purchases had incorrect cover artwork, even after I manually assigned new cover artwork.
- The bad art wasn't associated with album images, but with the artist (the small images in the left column). This art is assigned (randomly?) by iTunes, not by the user.
- I had been trying to fix this problem for a few days without success. I suspect some kind of file corruption that might be interfering with art assignment and possibly with the Match process. So, I removed all songs associated with any artist with incorrect cover art. I'll have to deal with those songs later.
- Reboot & reset NVRAM/PRAM (see KB ht1379 for instructions on how to do this). Probably not necessary but a good measure to take whenever troubleshooting any Mac problem.
- Sign in. Fire up iTunes again, and sign back in (Store > Sign In).
- Restart Match. If necessary, turn Match back on (Store > Turn on iTunes Match). You may be prompted to "Add This Computer" (green button), which should pick up the Match process where it left off.
After following these steps, I was able to successfully complete the iTunes Match process.
Hope this helps!
iTunes Match hasn't worked for two days now here in Ct, USA.
If my business served people this way they would arrest me for fraud.
I must say that I switched from Microsoft 7 months ago - I justified the enormous price increase by saying "It just works" but truly, apple does not work any better than MS. Disappointed I paid so much and have just as many problems. ugh
my Macbook Pro is the most powerful computer I've ever owned and I am very happy with the speed of boot up and graphic applications BUT it cost triple comparable windows boxes.
I put a lot of money out and got all apple equipment but wont' do that again, nor will I advise anyone else to do so. Apple stock price has a long way to fall to find true value.
and notice that not a single APPLE EMPLOYEE has answered anything in this thread or the many other threads. I guess they were all laid off to continue pushing the net revenues since Jobs died.
Apple do have an infrastructure issue, you need to log a call using your Apple Id by following the link from the Apple System Status page (http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/).
At present Apple is showing 'no issues' with the iTunes Match service - hence it is important to log the service failure.
thanks, mracole, I did report it - of course there is no direct link to iTunes Match problems... meanwhile I am happy to report that iTunes Match worked intermittently last night in New England, and is working 100% today August 12, 2013. enjoy.
I did check the apple status page before I wasted an hour of my time going through my end of the iTunes match setup. I have never seen the iTunes Match status honestly reported. in fact, I can't remember even seeing anything but all Green wonderfulness on that status page, but in Apple's defense I don't look very often.
if the service was free I wouldn't expect much. if the service was cheap I wouldn't complain. but neither Apple nor iTunes Match are cheap for the service promised.
Same issue here; iTunes Match stuck at "Sending information to Apple..." for the past 5 days. To add insult to injury, my iTunes Match was just automatically renewed...
Apple Support in these threads is essentially nonexistent.
Other services, or simply using your own cloud storage (higher cost, understood, but at least reliable) are definitely better options. I consider iTunes Match a failed product for my use. I shouldn't have to continually fiddle with things to get a paid product to work.
Has anyone actually found a solution other than waiting for Apple's servers to function reliably?
I turned off Match, restarted iTunes, turned it back on then it worked for me.
One thing people might try is uninstalling iTunes and deleting all music saved from iTunes.
Reinstall iTunes and upload the remaining songs to iCloud with Match.
Hope this helps.