Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use Time Machine to back up my iMac. How can I copy some iPhoto events from my external hard drive to my MacBook?

I back up my iMac on my external hard drive. When trying to copy the iPhoto Library onto my MacBook, I get the message "Cannot use TM backup as main library". I don't even see an option to choose certain Events to copy. Is there any way I can choose particular Events in iPhoto to copy to my MacBook? How can I get the photos on my MacBook?

Mac OS X, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on May 31, 2012 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2012 8:17 PM

If you're on Leopard or Snow Leopard, or Lion with iPhoto '08 or earlier, see the gray box at the end of Time Machine - Frequently Asked Question #15.

If not, you cannot restore individual photos; just the entire iPhoto library. A workaround is to restore it to an alternate location, such as your desktop, then export the selected photos from there. See the pink box in the same article.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2012 8:17 PM in response to porterave

If you're on Leopard or Snow Leopard, or Lion with iPhoto '08 or earlier, see the gray box at the end of Time Machine - Frequently Asked Question #15.

If not, you cannot restore individual photos; just the entire iPhoto library. A workaround is to restore it to an alternate location, such as your desktop, then export the selected photos from there. See the pink box in the same article.

I use Time Machine to back up my iMac. How can I copy some iPhoto events from my external hard drive to my MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.