Whats the fix for a Red X on a iPod Classic. I already tried putting into disc mode
After you put it in disk mode, you have to restore it to factory settings. Keep reading:
iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1463
Restoring iPod to factory settings: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339
Yup, did all that. I followed these instructions to a T before I posted. This thing is not responding one bit
There may be nothing else you can do to fix it. 99% of the time the red X indicates the iPod's hard disk has failed. The other 1% is a different hardware failure.
If you enabled disk mode, does the iPod appear if you launch Disk Utility on your Mac?
iPod will not go into disc mode after I do the sequence to put in disc mode...It does not connect to iTunes on my Mac.
If you are unable to do this: Putting iPod into Disk Mode
then you may have this
and your next step is this: Service Answer Center - iPod
Wish I had better news for you.
Thanks John I appreciate your time and effort. I guess I know what I'll be getting for Father's Day... :-} Thanks again
Retrieving data ...