Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my start up disc?

Sometimes, there is a pop up saying that my start up disc is full and need to delete some files... But I tried to look for my start up disc on the FINDER and I couldn't find it.. And I also having a doubt that my Macbook pro is running out of space already.... And I have no idea how to delete files there...

Can anybody help me?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:25 AM

5 replies

Jun 1, 2012 2:51 AM in response to andiglen

Hi....

Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon on your Desktop.

Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure there's a minimum of 15% free disk space.

Freeing Up Hard Disk Space - Mac GuidesFreeing Up Hard Disk Space - Mac Guides

If your Mac is running v10.7 Lion, click here > OSX Tips The Storage Display

If you aren't sure which Mac OS X is installed, click your Apple menu icon top left in your screen. From the dorp down menu click About This Mac.

You'll see Mac OS X version ............

Jun 1, 2012 4:27 AM in response to andiglen

As to your HD not showing on your desktop in the Finder:

Go to Finder>Finder Preferences and under General make sure that your prefs are set like this:

User uploaded file

Then you'll be able to see everything on your desktop and you can either "Get Info" on your HD, or use the "About this Mac" from the Apple menu and go to "More Info" and look at the Storage tab on top.

I'll let everyone else hash the rest out...

Clinton

Where is my start up disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.