Skip navigation

Airport express use as router.

1722 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 1, 2012 9:15 AM by jpv46 RSS
jpv46 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 1, 2012 1:59 AM

I have two airport express. the first  as base, the second as bridge. I want to use a wireless IP camera connected to internet and accessible from any other PC in the world by internet. Is it possible with my airport express or do i need a router.

thanks for any help.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Windows xp with bootcamp
  • Bob Timmons Level 9 Level 9 (75,675 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 1, 2012 6:34 AM (in response to jpv46)

You main base AirPort Express is a router if you have configured it as such.

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the base AirPort Express icon,then click on Edit

Click the Network tab at the top of the next window

IF....the Router Mode setting is configured as DHCP and NAT, then the Express is functioning as a router. You will likely need to use the Port Mapping settings to configure the cameras.

IF...the Router Mode is set to "Off (Bridge Mode)", then you have another device on the network....you likely call this your modem....that is providing the DHCP and NAT functions, so it is acting as the router for the network. You will need to configure Port Mapping or Port Forwarding on this device.

Screen Shot 2012-06-01 at 8.30.56 AM.png

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.