Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto has stopped attaching photos to e-mails

While using iPhoto last night it stopped attaching any photos to my e-mails. It sends the photo number to the subject line but will not attach thre photo to the message.

A new photo taken today will attach as normal but all old ones in the Events folders of iPhoto refuse to attach by any means available. I have tried using the 'Attach' facility in my Apple Mail (version 4.5) but although it brings up thumbnails photos it will not allow selection for attachment.

I have re-booted to no avail.

I'm 60+ and not very tech savvy so please be gentle!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:25 AM

Your library may be in need of a rebuild. Here is a link to Apple Support on the issue:

iPhoto Rebuild

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638

60+..? You are just getting started!! 😁

7 replies

Jun 1, 2012 1:22 PM in response to RRFS

Many thanks for that.

I clicked the link to start the rebuild but when I tried to open iPhoto (which has been available until now) I received a Warning -

"The iPhoto Library is a Time Machine backup, and so cannot be used as the main library. Relaunch iPhoto with <option> key held down to choose another library".

What should I do now and what is the <Option> key?

Grateful for your help.

iPhoto has stopped attaching photos to e-mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.