Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We still use SW that is pre intel.

I cannot move to Lion as we still use SW that is pre intel. So we cannot use iCloud at all - even for storing files. We cannot use Mac any more. It al comes down to Lion. Is that correct?

Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 4:49 AM

No it's not correct that you can't use your mac anymore, you can use iCloud for email and you can find a third party solution for online storage.

3 replies

Jun 1, 2012 5:12 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks Winston. I need to rephrase. I have a number of macs and use iCloud for synching XL files, and Safaria preferences. Never used for address book as it never works properly. Main use is synching XL files - we access them from all over the place.

I know I can go on using the macs - the problem is whether I need to drop iCloud competely. Any suggestions?

Thanks for this

We still use SW that is pre intel.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.