4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 7:04 AM by Tom Gewecke
rohananeja Level 1 (0 points)

If you want people in India to create fake US/UK Accounts and then access the ibookstore then I guess thats not the best way out but the only alternative we have. There are so many books that we need to access but are unable to due to the same reason. I have an iPhone 4S and New iPad but with a very limited access to books which I aint very happy with.

Please find a solution to whatever problem you guys are faceing.

iBook, I guess India Specific Issue
  • King_Penguin Level 10 (120,196 points)

You are talking to fellow users here, these forums are not monitored by Apple (there are too many forums, threads, messages for that to happen). As to there only being free books, Apple can only sell what the book distributors/copyright holders grant them licenses to sell in a particular country (and there only being free books doesn't just apply to India). Do you have access to other ebook apps/stores that you can use instead ?

• Tom Gewecke Level 9 (77,200 points)

rohananeja wrote:

Please find a solution to whatever problem you guys are faceing.

For now you need to get  your books via one of the other sources which provides free ereader apps for the ipad, such as Kindle, Kobo, Nook, or Googlebooks.

• rohan_somji Level 1 (0 points)

This is a problem for now i guess till then you can download epub files by buying them from kindle and then draging them to your ipad tab in itunes. The only way for now that is

• Tom Gewecke Level 9 (77,200 points)

Normally you would just download the Kindle app to your ipad.  Then you get the books directly without any messing with iTunes.