Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create the book style template with ibooks author ?

I have downloaded and using ibooks author for a while and I am pretty satisfied. I also bought a few templates from the web. What I would really love to do and I cant find a way is to create a book style ibook like the onew that apple creates. I mean one that will look like a real book with pages to swap. Not like the templates ibooks author gives. I like them also but I would prefer some of my books to have that natural book style. Does anyone knows how those book style ebooks are made ? Any template ? Any specific trik ?

I uploaded an image of the style I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.User uploaded file

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 2:27 PM

You can't do that with iBooks Author. The book you are looking at is an ePub book. You can create a book such as this with Pages, InDesign, and various other programs. The page turning animation is added automatically by iBooks when you view an ePub book.

Michi.

6 replies

Jun 1, 2012 2:34 PM in response to chris_gmu

Creating a template involves picking on to start with and then using iBA's 'Save As Template' menu.

You can create backgrounds that show a spine, but the navigation you seek isn't possible with iBA, which outputs a hybrid epub format. As noted, use Pages & calibre instead - page turn animation is available by default with a standard epub.

Pages has an 'export' menu with a choice of 'epub' - use that and then upload using iTunes Producer.

How can I create the book style template with ibooks author ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.