Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie: audio is out of sync during playback

Ive recorded several videos me playing guitar with the icam using imovie. When I try to play back the piece it gradually shifts out of tune until vidoe and sound are completely out of tune ....I don't have that problem with older recordings ,so...do I have to many videos in Imovie that slow down memeory when I record live? Thanks!

Imac

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 1:34 PM

17 replies

Sep 5, 2012 2:31 PM in response to Animo

I'm having the exact same problem. When I use the built-in camera on my Mac (purchased 2 weeks ago) the video and audio start out in-sync but become further and further out of sync the longer the video goes. I've tried everything - including detaching the video. My only option would be to detach the video and edit it one sentence at a time. It would be far more time-efficient to record on another device and import. But I would LOVE to be able to utilize the camera on my brand new computer..... help, please! 🙂

Sep 6, 2012 5:12 AM in response to daniellefromstlouis

hi Danielle

i just bought my macbook 4 weeks ago so im guessing we have the same/similar model

i couldnt work out how to fix it while recording through iMovie the only way i could get it to work was to record using the video option in photobooth, exporting the video to My Documents then importing it into iMovie''

i hope this helps you to be able to use your camera

🙂

iMovie: audio is out of sync during playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.