Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sluggish Youtube

Lately youtube video's are running sluggishly with safari. I have the current Flash plugin. Sometimes I get a spinning beachball sometimes the video looks like it's buffering then will play, sometimes it just locks up.

I've tested the same video's with Chrome, Firefox and Opera with no problems with playback. Only Safari is acting up.

Not the biggest deal in the world but Safari is my preferred browser. Any help troubleshooting this issue would be appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 6:52 PM

Hi hpr3 --

Nice to see you around again!

So, just to start with the basics, you've cleared your History list and Safari cache, right?

Restarted your Mac?

5 replies

Jul 6, 2015 12:03 AM in response to hpr3

I have a sluggishness with You-Tube on Safari as well. The video will not stop playing sometimes,

and even if I click the screen or pause it takes a long time to react. Also, if I click the back button

it just sits there playing the video often I have to click several times.

The biggest problem I have now with You-Tube and some other sites is the text ports for

adding comments.

- If I click in the comment window, the text says opening, but it goes on and on and never

show a cursor so I can enter a comment.

- When I do get a cursor, and this is not only in You-Tube but in some other websites,

the cursor disappears and I don't know where I am in the text port.

- If I try to cut and paste the cursor goes crazy and pops out of the text port and the

web page scrolls up to the top and I have to scroll back down to find where I am in

the page again.

None of these problems show up with Chrome or Firefox.

Sluggish Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.