Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes HD Movies No Longer Play

I just purchased an Apple ATI Radeon 5770 Graphic Card Upgrade and installed on my Mac Pro (Early 2008) system with a 30" Cinema Display.

I had no problems installing the card and there appears to be no problems with the graphics except I can no longer view any of the HD movies that I purchased from iTunes over the last few years. I receive an error that my monitor does not support HDCP.

All of the ITunes HD movies and TV programs were viewed without problems with the nVidia 8800GT that came with the system was installed.

Apple provided no notice that purchasing a graphic card upgrade would also need to replace my 30" Cinema Display to view the HD movies that I had purchased through iTunes. I had planned to purchase a new display later this year.

Does anyone know if there is a patch to iTunes 10.6.1 or OSX 10.7.4 that would allow me to view my previous purchases?

Mac Pro (Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPad, PowerMac G5; PowerBook 17

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:52 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Pablo Gabs

I restored my nVidia 8800GT graphics card and was able to watch the HD content purchased from iTunes, again. So, it should be able to do the same.

If your plan is to install both video cards on your system, there might be a problem. If iTunes senses that there is a video card that implements the HD encryption standard, it will restrict HD output to that video card.

iTunes HD Movies No Longer Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.