Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor not behaving correctly

Hi all,

Long time tower user here, recently got my first iMac... 3.4 i7 Intel iMac - the mid-2011 one, running 10.7.4.

I have this weird thing with my cursor that started happening out of the blue.

Anything that is a link of some sort (all browsers, in Mail, Twitter desktop app, etc, etc) - the cursor no longer changes to the hand. It will only change to either the crosshair or not change at all and stay as the black arrow.

Links still work as they should, but I can't figure out why the cursor won't behave like it should.

I've restarted with no luck, I've zapped the PRAM, and outside of that, I don't really know what could be the cause of it.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance,

- Joe C.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:57 PM

1 reply

Jun 1, 2012 10:57 PM in response to Joe-Ciaramella

Hi Joe, try this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, or are running 10.7+, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

If 10.7.0 or later...

Bootup holding CMD+r, or the Option/alt key to boot from the Restore partitiion & use Disk Utility from there.

Then I'd get Lion Cache Cleaner & clear the caches...

http://www.northernsoftworks.com/lioncachecleaner.html

Cursor not behaving correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.